Special Functions and characters

Questions, comments, and suggestions related to Typeitin.
kevinchart

Special Functions and characters

Post by kevinchart » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Hi.

I have a few questions about the special functions and characters in TypeItIn. (Network version 3.1 is what I am running, but others in our company have Pro.)
  1. Password: Can the generated passwords be set to include special characters (@,!,#,$,&, etc.)? Can settings for the minimum number of each type of character (capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and specials) be set? Can a button be created to generate a password with this function?
  2. Special characters: Since the braces, { and }, are used to indicate special keys and commands in button text to be typed, is there a way to get TypeItIn to type the { or } characters? I looked on the Alt-Number Combinations page in the help file, but was unable to find an AltNum code for those characters.
  3. AppStart: The help file says, "{AppStart1} starts the application assigned to the first Application key." But I can't find any further reference to the Application keys in the help file. How are the Application keys set? How many are there?
  4. TypeItIn Setup: Is there a way to create a button to open the TypeItIn Setup window? Maybe through the AppStart, Run, or Activate commands.
Thanks,
Kevin

Wavget
Site Admin

Re: Special Functions and characters

Post by Wavget » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 am

Hi Kevin,

1. The current password generator is set to include lower case & upper case characters and numbers. I agree that including special characters in the password generator would be a good idea. I'm adding it to the to do list for the next version, possibly with adjustment for each type of character.
A work-around would be to generate a password with the random function and type it, for example:
{Var1=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789!@#$%^&*()_+|~-=`[]:";<>?,./}{Repeat 12,{Var2 Random 90}{Copy {Var2},1,3,{Var1}}{Var3}}

2. Typeitin will type the braces if they aren't related to a command. For example {Hello World}{Enter}

3. AppStart1 and 2 are physical buttons on some keyboards that can configured to start specific applications. You can use the Run command in Typeitin to start any application.

4. There is no shortcut key to open the Typeitin Setup window so it can't be opened with a key combination. It is possible to use the Mouse Move and Mouse right/left click to open the window.

Regards,
Paul.

kevinchart

Re: Special Functions and characters

Post by kevinchart » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks, Paul.

1. Wow, never thought of writing something like that. Awesome.

2. I guess I didn't try just using the braces somewhere in a button. Now I can't remember what button I wanted to use them in. :)

3. Ahh. I haven't seen a keyboard with them.

4. Might there be a command-line switch or parameter to open the setup window with a Run command?

Thanks again. I am really enjoying your program!

Kevin