What new features would you like?

Questions, comments, and suggestions related to Typeitin.
Wavget
Site Admin

What new features would you like?

Post by Wavget » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Typeitin has been around for more than 20 years!

I'm always looking for new features to add to Typeitin.

If you have any suggestions, please post them here, or email support at wavget.com.

Thanks,
Paul.

dsan1326

Re: What new features would you like?

Post by dsan1326 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:19 am

Hi Paul -

I'd like to see an option for a CLI interface. With your help, I am using the Run command to enter a shortphrase for a particular website (sfdc for www.salesforce.com) or application (e for excel). However the Run command doesn't automatically close.

Danny

Wavget
Site Admin

Post by Wavget » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi Danny,

Can you explain what you mean by "the Run command doesn't automatically close"?

Regards,
Paul.

aussietanker

Post by aussietanker » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:02 pm

Not so much a feature request (as i think that the product is awesome as it is!) but it would be VERY helpful to have a place where we can look at examples of how to "code" buttons. I always used to use the numerous examples that other users has posted on the previous forum as my ability to get the buttons to write what i want is very limited. Since the transfer to this forum almost all of that information has been lost and im struggling to know how to write the code needed.

rcurts

Line Spacing

Post by rcurts » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:16 am

It would be nice to be able to control some level of formatting in the buttons to override the default in the document. E.g., single / double line spacing. I can space things out perfectly in the button but how it looks on the page depends on the formatting within the document itself. I'd like to be able to override that just for the content of the button.

Wavget
Site Admin

Post by Wavget » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:29 pm

aussietanker, a new version of Typeitin that includes downloadable examples is coming out soon.
If you have any examples that you think should be included, post them here or email support at wavget.

rcurts, the new version will also include Microsoft Word and Excel formatting options.

If you're interested in beat testing this new version, please email support at wavget.

Regards,
Paul.

annemarenco

Post by annemarenco » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:20 pm

I would love to be able to sort the groups.
Thanks. Love this software and I tell my colleagues about it constantly. I even got the school to buy a bunch of licenses.

Wavget
Site Admin

Post by Wavget » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:00 am

annemarenco, thanks for using Typeitin and telling your colleagues about it!

You can sort the groups in Setup. Right click on the Typeitin icon in the task bar tray (by the clock) and select Setup from the pop up menu.

In the Groups tab, right click on the Group List and select Sort Groups from the pop up menu.

You can also manually rearrange groups by dragging a group name and dropping it at a new location.

Regards,
Paul.

aussietanker

Post by aussietanker » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:47 pm

Not so much a new feature but this seemed the best place to post this. I thought on older versions of TII that it was possible to set different buttons within a particular group to different custom colours so that is easier to visually differentiate and to use them. This seems to be missing in the current version... or am I just missing where that option setting is found?

Torano

Post by Torano » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:31 am

Hello Paul. Thank you for this wonderful tool.

Would it be possible to change the "shortcut monitoring activation key" to a custom defined key? Pressing the Ctrl key repeatedly results in quite a bit of wrist stress.

TR