Importing from .csv

Questions, comments, and suggestions related to Typeitin.
dsan1326

Importing from .csv

Post by dsan1326 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 am

Paul - good morning, I have been working to import my commands from executor to TypeItIn.

I was able to read up on importing and used the sample cvs file as was recommended in the help file.

"The Import function also supports the Comma Separated Value (*.csv) file format. You can create a .csv file with Microsoft Excel that can be imported into TypeItIn to create a group of buttons based on Excel data. The easiest way to get this started is to first Export a group in the .csv file format and modifying the file with your Excel data."

However I ran into the following error: " is not a valid integer value.

I assumed, naturally, it was something in my syntax. However after several attempts I could not import my custom .csv.

So, I made a go of imported the sample exported .cvs, changing the Group name. I received the same error, above.

What might be being done incorrectly?
not valid.PNG
not valid.PNG (5.86 KiB) Viewed 13055 times

Wavget
Site Admin

Re: Importing from .csv

Post by Wavget » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:47 pm

The csv file import can be a little difficult to use because of the many different parameters.

I recommend that you export a group with just a few buttons to a csv file. Make sure you check all the include boxes in the Group Export Options dialog. You can then use that file as a template.

The file will contain something like this:

TypeItIn Group File
Group Name,Test Group
Number of Buttons,2
Monitor Application,
Monitor Window,
Number of Columns,1
Window Location X,0
Window Location Y,0
Name,Hint,Text Color,Button Color,Shortcut Key,Shortcut Phrase,Window Watch,Text
"Button1","",0,-2147483633,0,"","","Text1"
"Button2","",0,-2147483633,0,"","","Text2"

The last two lines contain the information for the two buttons in this group. You can replace Button1/Text1 etc. with the new values.

Make sure to update the Number of Buttons line if you add more buttons.

Paul.

dsan1326

Re: Importing from .csv

Post by dsan1326 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 am

Good morning thank you Paul.

I will give this a go.